Why Choose Integra Healthcare?
Always Available & Accessible
This is critically important when moments count in emergencies
Tertiary Trained & Experience
From World-renowned centres and specifically in neonatology!
True Team Approach & Backup
Three team members, all neonatally-trained, always covered
The Essence of Integra Newborn & Neonatal Care
If ever there is a time when experience and expertise count, it is when facing challenges and unexpected issues in delivery. The true essence of the Integra Newborn and Neonatal (NICU) Care Team is just that, experience and expertise. All of our doctors have trained in neonatal tertiary centres of excellence, many of which are World-renowned care institutions with the highest standards of modern, evidence-based medicine. The team is lead by Dr Sara Watkin, Consultant Neonatologist of more than 25 years’ experience at consultant-level in UK tertiary centres, and Chief of Service in two of them! She, and the whole team, are absolutely passionate about ensuring a safe delivery, followed by exceptional early years paediatric care.
Newborn & Neonatal Services
- Attending Deliveries (vaginal & C-sections)
- Newborn Baby Checks
- Support with Feeding Establishment
- Newborn Screening & Immunizations
- Immunizations to Cayman Immunization Schedule
- American, Canadian and UK Immunization Schedules
- Jaundice, Phototherapy & Advanced Care
- Resuscitation & Immediate Care
- Full Neonatal Intensive Care (from 23+ weeks)
- Ventilation, Surfactant & Full Respiratory Support
- Newborn Infections & Immunology Problems
- Cranial Ultrasounds & Complex Diagnostics
- Babies with Congenital or Genetic Conditions
1st Year of Life
- Vaccinations, including Vaccination Advice
- Well-Child Checks
- Sleep Disorders & Sleep Counselling & Support
- Feeding Issues & Food Intolerances
- Food Allergies, including Peanut
- Colic, Reflux & Silent Reflux
- Developmental Concerns
- Constipation, Diarrhoea & Bowel Issues
- Rashes, including Diaper/Nappy Rash
- Fevers, Temperatures & Infections
- Seizures & Unusual Movements
- Parental Concerns
- Unsettled Baby
Whether it’s your very first baby or the next addition to a growing family, Integra would be delighted to support you all the way with our True Team approach to care. Newborn services is something we specialise in and there isn’t another newborn paediatric team in Cayman with the accreditation, training & experience that we are privileged to have.
- Only team with multiple neonatal or newborn specialists, UK-accredited in neonatology
- Team is led by Dr Sara Watkin, formerly NICU Chief of Service at University College London Hospitals
- Always on-call and within minutes of the hospitals
- Team approach means you are always covered
Dr Sara Watkin, Dr Jasmina Marinova & Dr Sarah Newton represent an extremely experienced team that can support you and your child from advice antenatal, through your delivery, baby checks, early care and all the way onwards to adulthood. First class care without paying a premium and reassuringly calm and competent when nature decides to test us.
We, Dr Sara Watkin, Dr Sarah Newton & Dr Jasmina Marinova, would be delighted to be your (well, your child’s paediatrician) from birth, right through to a bright future as a healthy young adult. As a team, we are unique in Cayman, being the practice with three UK- or Australasian-qualified & accredited newborn (neonatal) specialists, ensuring not only the right experience if nature throws a curve ball but also, as a team, providing you with the security of knowing we are here at the right moment. We attend all types of deliveries and work closely with every private obstetrician in Cayman to provide the highest quality newborn services. Although we are all senior specialists, with exceptional credentials, our charges for attending delivery are actually comparable to others. We’d be delighted to be there for your special time.
We attend the following types of delivery:
- Normal deliveries, where the parents have decided they would like a newborn paediatrician present (in case of complications or for reassurance/ preference)
- Caesarean sections (C-Sections), where having a newborn paediatrician present is mandatory in Cayman (because of the increased complication rate)
- Pretty much all complicated scenarios or preterm births occuring in private patients
Dr Watkin is the island’s primary neonatologist for private patients, also assisting the Government doctors when they want or need specialist expertise. She is supported by Dr Marinova & Dr Newton, both formally neonatal trained, representing a True Team for newborn care. We’d love to meet you and we offer free antenatal appointments to discuss deliveries from the paediatric perspective. Please just call on (345) 745 7450 or complete the form below and we’ll handle the rest.
Collectively, we spend a great deal of time in delivery suite at George Town, as well as the neonatal unit, for which we all have full admitting rights and fully up-to-date resuscitation training & skills.
Neonatologist Versus Paediatrician
Historically, newborn and neonatal care was performed by a paediatrician. However, the highly specialist nature of neonatal and preterm care means that in In the UK, neonatal care is rarely provided by a more general paediatrician and instead is provided by newborn specialists, called neonatologists. The Cayman Islands didn’t have dedicated neonatologists until the arrival of Dr Sara Watkin in 2016 but now we have built a team of neonatal-trained staff, providing a medical care standard equivalent to the best centres in the world, something we are very proud of.
The primary reason why most choose to have a paediatrician present at birth, and why it’s mandated at caesarean sections, is because of unexpected complications. Given nature’s tendency to decide the timing, it’s also very difficult for a single paediatrician practice to know for sure they’ll be available just when needed. With Integra, you will always have your chosen paediatrician in attendance whenever humanly possible, but on the occasions they may be off island (always planned & communicated), you have the reassurance they will have comprehensively handed over to their equally competent newborn-specialising paediatric colleagues. You have the reassurance of knowing your paediatrician has the right credentials. In the UK, that means being formally accredited in that specialist care by the GMC (on the specialist register). Our team consists of a lead neonatologist (Dr Sara Watkin, former Chief of Service for the one of the most specialist providers of preterm & newborn emergency care in the UK), and two highly experienced Paediatricians with a Special Interest in Neonatal Medicine (Dr Jasmina Marinova & Dr Sarah Newton), providing the highest quality newborn services in Cayman.
Dr Watkin is a highly experienced, tertiary trained paediatric and neonatal (newborn) specialist in Cayman, based out of Grand Pavilion, with paediatric & neonatal admitting rights at George Town. She has 25+ years experience as a consultant in the UK, including as Chief of Service at the world-renowned University College London Hospitals.
Clinic Location & Open Times
The Grand Pavilion Commercial Centre, Hibiscus Way, 802 West Bay Road.
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am first appointment, 4.30pm last appointment
- Saturday: 8.30am first appointment, 12.30pm last appointment
News, Views & Pertinent Pieces
Integra was formed to pursue and develop modern approaches to care, with exceptional...
The Team at Integra Healthcare Ltd is delighted to welcome Family Doctor Rebecca Deasey, or Bec as she likes to be known....
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE Honourable Minister for Health and Wellness, Ms Sabrina Turner MP, Inaugurates New Women’s Health...