We pride ourselves on a patient-centred approach with shared decision making to ensure your birth experience is positive, whilst also having a particular focus on safety, given we are an island. You’ll find Dr Lisa Joels is passionate about creating an antenatal, birthing and postnatal journey that meets and exceeds your expectations, making having a baby the joyous experience it should be.
Meet Dr Joels
You will be supported by Dr Lisa Joels, an experienced Obstetrician with over 34 years of experience, with 19 years at the level of consultant working in tertiary University hospitals, always with a patient-centred approach to her care. She’ll support you throughout your pregnancy to ensure everything goes well and if nature throws in a hurdle, she has decades of experience to draw upon.
Integra has the only combined obstetric – neonatal qualified team on island, with individuals who are all tertiary trained and experienced, ensuring seamless coordination for both maternal and newborn aspects of care. The ideal pregnancy is an uneventful one but in the event that nature has other ideas, it’s important to have a team you are confident in, with the right experience and training, who work closely together.
- Pre-conception care, including advice about pre-existing medical conditions prior to pregnancy
- Holistic antenatal care including screening for complications of pregnancy, monitoring fetal growth and more
- Management of pregnancy related conditions and complications
- Joint decision making regarding birth plans
- Intrapartum care, including active management of labour
- Normal vaginal delivery, instrumental delivery & forceps delivery
- Repair of perineal tears or episiotomy
- Caesarean sections both as a planned procedure and as an emergency if complications arise
- Management of delivery of placenta and bleeding after delivery
- Postnatal care until discharged home & thereafter
Our clinic is located in beautiful Grand pavilion, with a relaxing waiting room, complete with complementary refreshments, and plenty of onsite patient parking.
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am first appointment, 4.30pm last appointment
- Saturday: 8.30am first appointment, 12.30pm last appointment
We also pride ourselves on being available for our patients and parents. Outside of these hours, please see our urgent care section to know how to contact us.